Friday, January 25, 2008

accessible?

My friend Hannah posted and it reminded me that I should mention the accessibility of these sites. I'll include that info to the best of my ability in future posts.

For Salt Point, south of Mendocino- this particular tiny beach is not accessible beyond its medium sized parking lot. There's a narrow, sandy, rocky path between the lot and the beach. But of course, the good news is you're on the one and only Pacific Coast Highway, and Salt Point is hardly your only stopping option. There are incredibly beautiful places to park and marvel all along your journey, including just by the side of the road.

Mendocino itself, as a very small town, has accessibility challenges -- broken and some steep sidewalks. But there are plenty of small streets and charming mom and pop stores that seem better designed for wheel traffic, strollers and chairs alike.

No comments: