Wednesday, January 16, 2008

where'd everyone go? Mendocino?

I've renamed this blog WordyDoodles! Come on over, y'hear?

I'm holding onto PacificMod though, because there are special things about living in the West, near the Pacific, with a love of mod style, that will make their way here.

What kinds of things, you sagely ask. Well, I will tell you.

Let's start with the Pacific part.

Here's a photo from one of the many gorgeous, tiny inlets along the Mendocino coast. We're just a short way south of the town of Mendocino, where you will find the hottest mustard and the freshest berries, and not half bad wines. :)

If you've never taken a drive up the coast of Northern CA, it is well worth it. You enjoy the sweeping ocean vistas reminiscent of SoCal, but the road takes you through the redwoods as well. There's a bit more wildness here. If you need to stop for gas, it will probably be in a small, one gas pump kind of town. This is a trip to take with all your senses.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I've always wanted to go to Mendocino. That will have to be on our list. I saw your comment in my fondue post. Too bad you couldn't have come. I got a ride with a woman from Alameda. I miss you on the boards!

Anita Sarah Jackson said...

I miss you too! I will have to tell you about the cool new boards I found. And I'm keeping up on you on your blog!